Pokemon NFE revolution
March 28, 2024, 12:58:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a battle? NEW XAT!
http://xat.com/thenferevolution

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Clamperl - 540 Special Attack is not enough to be banned ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clamperl - 540 Special Attack is not enough to be banned ?  (Read 2105 times)
Quacks

Drifloomse

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:50:23 pm »

clamperl iz awsume!!!!

Discuss.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:26:13 pm by Broderick/Mudkipboi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Allor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:05:14 am »

I don't think we need to ban clamperl, but I think we need to ban deepseatooth, I know it was originally banned and I don't actually know why it ever got unbanned
Report Spam   Logged
Ramza
Administrator

Rocking the ground.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »

Even light ball aint banned allor, thats another thing idk thats not banned.
Report Spam   Logged

Renkin
Founder of the Revolution
Global Moderator

No idiots on YouTube? You wish.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 02:42:18 pm »

Wow... long post. This will be reviewed carefully.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm still in the process of making a signature.
Allor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:12 pm »

well, in the originally submitted tier list light ball and deepseatooth were banned, and then when they reposted the new tier list they weren't banned, and personally I don't know what the reasoning was for that, but I think both should be banned
Report Spam   Logged
Gasoline

Get that flame away from me.... AHH!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:00:44 pm »

i think that maybe deepseatooth should be banned then along with light ball... in NFE that is... As without it Clamperl and Pikachu are easy picking for alot of pokemon... but i think that is why they mainly have these items to use.
Report Spam   Logged

"PFFT who needs a signature?" "...me?"
Gasoline

Get that flame away from me.... AHH!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 10:04:54 pm »

sorry for the double post but...
If clamperl can do this much in trick room...what about cubone...with thick club? maybe we should consider its 436attack on this. Along with its amazing 317def.
Report Spam   Logged

"PFFT who needs a signature?" "...me?"
CHOMPER

POKEDEX:Chomper, the #1 cannibal in North America.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:20 am »

I dont think that these two pokemon's items should be banned because its the only that makes them viable for use in standard play. For example without lightball pikachu is just about completely useless when compared to its fellow electric type electabuzz who is much bulkier has more base speed and has higher special attack, taking away its lightball would just make pikachu not useful, and the samehing with cloyste, while 536 sp.atk may sem high you must look at thats thin base stats to begin with. While it has decent defense its base 55 sp.def is enough for it to be destroyed in one hit from special based stabbed electric attacks and grass attacks and their are many other threats in trick room as well such as rhydon or cubone. In the end without their respective items clamperl and pikachu simply lack the stats needed to be useful in competitive play and i dont think they should be banned because even with their high attack they are still glass cannons that are far to frail to be dominating the metagame.
Report Spam   Logged

Allor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 10:02:05 pm »

I think the understanding is that not everything will be usable, there's always gonna be that issue, by that standard we shouldn't have skymin be uber because it doesn't get used in ubers and so making it uber means it doesn't get used at all, but that's pretty crappy logic for having it be OU, some pokemon just don't get used, I don't see people championing the cause of sunkern and how underused it is, so why should we suddenly let overpowered things exist just so they can get used, they're too good for this meta, not to mention that they both see play in UU anyway so I don't care if they don't get used in NFEs
Report Spam   Logged
sasukefan696

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:36:06 pm »

pikachu+light ball be banned-no. pikachu doesnt have the defenses to take too many hits so it can be outsped and killed by a decent amount of pokemon.its fragile in fe play, and even tho the stats are lower overall for every stat in nfe, pikachu is still pretty fragile.

cubone+thick club be banned- no. it is powerful on trick room teams, but even so it can still be taken down. isnt that the point of this game neway, to strategize and find a way to overcome challenging situations? its attack and defense may be massive, but it is incredibly weak so special attacks, so ne super effective special stab move should be enough to ko it (depending on whether trick room is up or not, but pla accordingly).

Clamperl+deep sea tooth be banned-yes. as you can see from the massive analysis on it, it is very powerful, and can take a few hits b4 going down (quite a few actually). it only has one viable counter in max attack munchlax, and personally, i dont want to see every single person using munchlax, it will get predictable and be on its way to becoming boring to play against/with Sad.

i dont have a damage calculater so this is all very educated guessing, but still, these are my opinions
Report Spam   Logged
goto

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 01:33:25 am »

Yeah at first i thought clampearl banned? but after reading the post i think that clampearl should and must be banned becouse it ha been proved that it can kill at least 1 pokemon per battle exept for max attack muchlax
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: